Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


& since we have no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Christmas is near and the mood is jolly :) One of my favorite months of the year :)



I baked some cookies using Ochikeron's recipe. Many thanks to Ochikeron for sharing her recipe :) This is a fantastic recipe, only 3 ingredients! Yes! Butter, icing sugar, and cake flour - simple yet flavourful. I used Lurpak butter for this (it was on sale!) and the cookies taste buttery and crunchy. Simply love crunchy cookies :)

As a finishing touch, I did a simple decoration as I wanted to give some to my Zumba instructors and friends for Christmas. I melted some Hershey's semisweet chocolate chips and piped onto the cookies. The piping was pretty messy as the melted chocolate hardened in the process, and some chocolate flowed out from the other end of the piping bag I made using baking paper :p But, the best part of preparing chocolate desserts is, you get to eat the chocolate as you work - we shouldn't waste such good chocolate, right (as my nieces would agree haha)?

Almost immediately, I was faced with another challenge - the chocolate would not set! Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, given the kind of weather over here (around 30 to 33 degC that day). I even tried putting them in the fridge. The chocolate set but melted very quickly after I removed them from the fridge. So how on earth could I bring these for my instructors/friends without making a real mess with the melted chocolate? Tough one. In the end, I used each muffin liner to hold one cookie, and  lay them side-by-side in a small cookie plastic bag, and tied the bag up. There was not much time left so I didn't have time to take a photo of that. It is hard for you to imagine how it looked like :p

For my nieces and family, I put the cookies in tupperwares and air-tight containers (only 1 layer in each container). They all love the cookies, maybe it's the chocolate? :p They are always happy with chocolate :D

Until this moment, I still have not figured out the best way to pack these cookies properly without ruining the chocolate on top. Thinking over this had probably killed as much brain cells as doing VBA on MS Excel... (>.<)''

Anyway, hope you are also enjoying baking Christmas goodies in your kitchen and sharing them with friends & families. Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas & a great year ahead! :)

The chocolate makes the cookies look so alluring? :D

I packed each cookie in each muffin liner like this.


Comments