It is a new beginning!



Ho ho.. yes this is my first bake after many many years.. I feel so happy to bake again :)  when I was juggling a full-time job as well as being a mother, I would spend every weekend relaxing :p well it was my excuse for being lazy :D

4 months ago, when I was being notified that my position has been made redundant, I have been thinking about my next step. At my age (mid-life crisis >_<"), I finally had the chance to re-think about what have I been doing (or what I have been wanting to do but did not have the chance to), and what I want to do next. I guess many will not understand how it feels like to be made "redundant" unless you have been through one yourself? I am grateful that my family and friends at work were supportive during that time.



I have been googling for baking recipes since few months ago. I was amazed that there are so many recipes on the Internet, and there are so many bloggers from Singapore and Malaysia! I am so glad that there is Internet! :D Haha, 10 years ago, I had to go to NLB or Popular to search for recipes books. Now, I just need to click a button from the comfort of my home and tons of recipes will appear. Cool! A very BIG THANK YOU to all the baking bloggers out there, you have inspired me!

Because of my lack of practice, I decided to start with a relatively simple recipe - chocolate chips cookies. There are many recipes out there. As I prefer crunchy cookies, I selected this one from Happy Home Baking. Her instructions are very clear, and I followed it to a T. Although my cookies look ugly, they tasted great! That's what my kid says! :)

Hooray, my first posting! :)


Comments