Matcha Mushi pan with Chocolate Chips


I baked these Matcha Mushi pan (steamed cake) yesterday, following the recipe from Peng's Kitchen. Thanks Peng for sharing the recipe :) I chose this recipe instead of Nami's recipe as I do not have yogurt on hand :p

Here's my modified recipe, I have halved Peng's recipe to make smaller portion, and replaced raisins with chocolate chips. Please check out her blog if you would like to follow her original recipe.

Ingredients:
- 100g Top flour
- 3/4 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 egg
- 50g dry demerara sugar
- 40g fresh milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- some chocolate chips

My daughter did most of the work this time, she always volunteers whenever she sees me bake nowadays :p

Don't they look cute? :D

Once again, I steamed the cakes in my rice cooker, it is just so convenient to use that instead of wok :p This time, I filled the cups slightly more than half, to prevent them from rising too high and stick to the cover like last time :D

Tested steaming the cakes in small sturdy paper muffin cups.

 I steamed the cakes for approximately 10-15 mins. This time, I did not set the timer, instead I tested with a toothpick after about 10 mins of steaming.

I think replacing chocolate chips with red beans should be nice :)

If you like matcha, I think you can put a little more matcha powder. The matcha flavor is light.


Happy steaming! :)

Comments

  1. Hi I tried the above recipe but my mushipan is very compressed and not fluffy like yours. Please advise. I followed the exact recipe except I made the milk with milk powder and water instead of fresh milk. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda, sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. If you had followed the exact recipe, then i am really not sure why. Although I have not tried with milk powder and water for this recipe.

      Delete

Post a Comment