Banana Almond Chocolate Chips Muffins



This is a very easy recipe to put together. Many thanks to Carol's 自在生活 for sharing this recipe. I replaced walnuts with baked almond nuts, and added chocolate chips to appeal to my girl :)


Ingredients
- makes 5 standard size muffins

1 banana (around 100g skinless)
50g butter (I replaced with canola oil as suggested by Carol)
20g muscovado sugar (I used light muscovado sugar)
20g castor sugar (I used golden granulated sugar
1 egg
40g milk (I used UHT milk)
80g cake flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
30g walnuts (I replaced with 20g baked almond nuts & 10g bittersweet chocolate chips)

Method
1. Place oil in mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix using a whisk.
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. Add banana and mix well.
4. Add flour and baking powder. Mix and stop once there is no traces of flour. Do not over mix.
5. Add chopped almond nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin cups to 80% full.
7. Bake at 180 degC preheated oven for 23-25 mins. Mine took 23 mins.

Carol's blog has very detailed steps and even step-by-step photos on the method. It is always a breeze when I follow her recipes ;) Thank you, teacher Carol! :)

The muffins are very soft and moist. It tastes good even on the next day. From my experience, muffins seem to keep better in room temperature in paper boxes.

Happy baking!

Comments

Post a Comment