Kabocha Squash Chocolate Chips Muffins

Under the muffins is a cute glass table top from my friend - it's a nice background for photos too! :)

These lovely Kabocha Squash Muffins are made using the same Organic Japanese Pumpkin bought from NTUC the other day. The small and cute pumpkin actually yielded a lot of mashed pumpkin. After giving some to my mom, I could still manage to pack 3 packets of 100g each, and kept them in the freezer for later use.

Last Saturday, I met two ex-colleagues for dim sum. I wanted to bake them something and the mashed pumpkin came in handy for me to prepare some pumpkin muffins quickly. Thanks to the Halloween Pumpkin Muffin recipe from Cooking with Dog. To me, muffins is easier to prepare as compared to other bakes, as it needs no special equipment. You just need a whisk (or fork) and a big mixing bowl.

Ingredients
(makes 6-7 5cm diameter muffins cups)

50g Unsalted Butter 无盐牛油, soften
80g Sugar 糖 *I used light muscovador sugar  unrefined dry demerara sugar

A pinch of Salt 少许盐 *Omitted as I used salted butter
1 Beaten Egg 蛋, lightly beaten
100g Kabocha Squash - Japanese pumpkin 南瓜
40g Roasted Walnuts (1.4 oz) 核桃  *I replaced with chocolate chips instead

120g Cake Flour or All Purpose Flour 抵筋面粉, sifted
1 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 
50ml Milk 牛奶

Please refer to the video from Cooking with Dog. The instruction is very clear, and I always enjoy watching the chef cook/bake, she is so neat! So unlike me when I bake :p and my kitchen is always messy right after I baked :p

My friends said the muffin is nice and soft. I am glad they enjoyed them :)


Comments