This is another straight forward and simple recipe I tried the other day. This can be prepared with minimal fuss.
Found this recipe on Cookpad. I am not sure if it is similar to Starbucks muffins like the recipe owner mentioned, but the muffin is certainly soft and buttery.
I often find that muffins are so easy to put together that there is really no reason to buy from shops :p of course unless you are really not into baking.
- 210g cake flour
- 90g unsalted butter
- 60g sugar (I used dry demerara sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 160g fresh milk
- chocolate chips, as much as you want :p (original recipe uses Dars chocolate)
- 2 tsp of double acting baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (original recipe uses 3 drops of vanilla extract)
I modified the method slightly as I do not own a microwave oven.
1. Melt butter (This is what I did: Place butter in a small bowl, then, add some hot water in a bigger bowl. place the small bowl into the bigger bowl).
2. In another bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until foamy.
3. Add sugar and beat for about 3 mins.
4. Pour melted butter into eggs and sugar mixture. Mix well.
5. Add milk and stir.
6. Add vanilla paste and stir.
7. Sift cake flour and baking powder into mixture.
8. Using a spatula, fold the flour in using a cutting motion until there is no trace of flour. As of all muffin recipes, do not overmix.
9. Fill muffin cups, add chocolate chips when half-filled, and more when it is 70% full.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for 30 mins. Please adjust timing according to your oven as each is different.
Happy baking! :)