Wholemeal Strawberries Almond Muffins



My fruits baking frenzy continues... This time I tried the Strawberries Almond Muffins recipe from Table for 2..... or more. The only change I made was replacing the plain flour with some wholemeal and corn flour. I don't fancy heavy and dense cakes either, so this recipe really attracts my attention.

Here are the ingredients I used based on what I had, please refer to Table for 2..... or more for the original recipe and method.

Ingredients

Dry ingredients:
- 100g organic wholemeal flour*
- 80g plain flour (which was all I had left)*
- 20g corn flour*
- 120g unrefined dry demerara sugar
- 2/3 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda

* original recipe uses 200g plain flour

Wet ingredients:
- 60g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla paste
- 140g buttermilk substitute: place 1 tbsp vinegar in a glass and fill fresh milk up to 140g

The strawberries seem to be a bit sour as I bite into the muffins. Perhaps a little more sugar will be better. Next time, I will probably put the crumble toppings on these muffins too, as the kids love the toppings on the blueberries muffins.


Comments